How to Bulk Update Your Trades
If you ever find yourself needing to update a set of your trades, Molecule has an easy way for you to do that in bulk. There are a few things you can do with this feature:
- Re-Save Trades
- Delete Trades
- Add/Replace tags on the trades
To get started, filter the trades screen to show the trades that you need to update. After filtering, click on the check-box in the top left corner of your screen and select "SELECT ALL RESULTS".
Note: You don't need to select all results to bulk update trades, you can choose them individually as well.
As an example, the trades screen has been filtered by tags to a #demo book in the screenshot below:
- Click on the save icon in the top right of your screen:
- After clicking on the save icon, your trades screen will automatically refresh and the trades will be re-saved.
- Click on the trash can icon in the top right of your screen:
- A pop-up will appear asking to confirm your deletion, fill out the text box and select "Apply":
- After selecting "Apply", your trades screen will automatically refresh and the trades will be deleted.
- Click on the pencil icon that appears in the Tags column after selecting your trades:
- A text box will appear with two fields. The first field reflects the book that the trades screen is filtered on. The second field, titled "Replace Selected", will be where you will input the tags that you would like to add or replace in your selection of trades:
Add a tag
- To add a tag, simply type in the existing tag name, along with the new tags that you would like added to your trades:
Replace a tag
- To replace a tag, type in the new tag that you would like your selected trades to reflect:
- Once you've made your changes, click on the checkbox in the bottom right corner. Your screen will refresh and your trades will now be reflecting the new tags that you added.
Note: This field is case-sensitive.
That's it! Hopefully, this saves you some time. If you have any questions please let us know at email@example.com