Dynamic Volume Trades
Molecule supports dynamic volume (aka as-generated) trades, where a trade's volume is based on a forecast that changes over time. In a dynamic-volume trade:
- The Trade uses a Product that is enabled for dynamic volume (by setting the UOM to %).
- The Trade's volume is set to a percentage (so 70% instead of 10 MW).
- The Trade is linked to an Asset that contains the forecast.
- The Asset's volumes are updated from time to time.
- When the Asset's volumes are updated, the Trade's volume actualizes to the new volumetric number.
- The Trade's valuations reflect the actualization that was effective for the valuation date.
- This can be repeated multiple times (no limit on the number of actualizations).