Stacks: Main Models in Molecule
It's helpful to understand the data models and use cases for the main position-creating models (stacks) in Molecule. Broadly:
- Trades are for actual transactions. Users can't manipulate heavily downstream.
- Assets are for arbitrary bits of shape or other time series (that aren't market data).
- Tickets are for injections & withdrawals from inventory.
The linked articles above describe each stack in more detail.
Each of the above models (Trades, Assets, and Tickets) are associated with their own Valuations model. They generally live independently, but for the following cases:
- As-Generated Trades: updating Asset Valuations also updates linked Trade Sublegs and Valuations
- Tickets representing Deliveries: linking a Ticket to a Trade Subleg, actualizes & settles the Trade.
- Asset field on Tickets: simply allows for a finer grouping of Tickets
- Asset field on Sublegs: currently a label — does not have downstream impact