How to Update Your Spreadsheet's Molecule Credentials
If you need to update a spreadsheet connected to Molecule's API with new credentials, follow the instructions below.
The easiest method is to update an existing spreadsheet after your Molecule password, or API token has been changed.
- 1. Open your spreadsheet and click Refresh All on the Data tab.
- Upon being prompted for new credentials, select Basic in the sidebar navigation, enter your email address and Molecule API token, then click Connect. If you need help generating a Molecule API token, follow the instructions here or here.
This method describes how to edit the credentials connected to Molecule's API via spreadsheet.
- Open your spreadsheet and navigate to the Data tab. Choose Get Data > Data Source Settings.
- On the resulting popup, select the Global permissions radio button and click Edit Permissions.
- On the resulting popup, select Edit.
- On the resulting popup, make sure that Basic is selected in the sidebar navigation. enter your email address and Molecule API token, and click Save. Click OK / Close through the open windows to complete saving the new credentials.