Dynamic Volume Trades
Molecule supports dynamic volume trades (PPAs, complex structure, and/or as-generated trades), where a trade's volume is based on a volumetric curve that changes over time. Below are the pieces of a dynamic-volume trade.
- The Trade uses a Product that is enabled for dynamic volume (by setting the UOM to %).
- The Trade's volume is set to a percentage (so 70% instead of 10 MW).
- The Trade is linked to an Asset that contains the shape.
- The Asset's volumes are updated from time to time, at any interval.
- When the Asset's volumes are updated, the Trade's volume actualizes to the new volumetric number.
- The Trade's valuations reflect the actualization that was effective for the valuation date.