Getting Started with Molecule
If you're new to Molecule (or you haven't used it in a while), this knowledge base and our developer guide can help you get started.
We recommend the following articles, to help you understand the system and how it works.
- Stacks: Main Models in Molecule
- As-Of Date
- Trades: Calculating Position and P&L
- Valuation & Relevant Products
- Mark Levels
To enter your first sample trades and/or Assets in Molecule, we recommend using the #demo book, which by convention is ignored in reports. Try:
- How to Clone a Trade - to easily enter a new trade, starting with one of the samples. If you're ready to try entering a trade from scratch, try How to Enter a Trade and How to Book a Trade via NLP.
- Importing Asset Data - to upload Asset-related data
- How to Import Market Data (Curves)
- How to Use the Valuations Screen - and the corresponding detail around Valuation Outputs
- Downloading Raw Data
Once you have a sense for how Molecule works, it might be helpful to review the Features category. There, you'll find descriptions of some of Molecule's specific functionality for things like cascading, P&Sing, etc.