How to Update Your Spreadsheet's Molecule Credentials
If you find yourself needing to update a spreadsheet connected to Molecule's API with new credentials, follow the instructions below.
The easiest method is to update an existing spreadsheet after your Molecule password or API token has been changed. This method also applies to how to switch from password-based authentication to token-based authentication which Molecule is forcing with release #227.
- Open your spreadsheet and click `Refresh All` on the `Data` tab.
- Upon being prompted for new credentials, select `Basic` in the sidebar navigation, enter your email address and Molecule API token and click `Connect`. Unsure how to generate a Molecule API token? Follow the instructions here or here.
This method describes how to edit the credentials used to connected to Molecule's API via spreadsheet.
- Open your spreadsheet and navigate to the `Data` tab. Choose `Get Data` > `Data Source Settings`.
- On the resulting popup, select the `Global permissions` radio button and click `Edit Permissions...`.
- On the resulting popup, select `Edit...`.
- Finally, on the resulting popup, make sure `Basic` is selected in the sidebar navigation, enter your email address and Molecule API token and click `Save`. Click `OK` / `Close` through the open windows to complete saving the new credentials.